Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Drop / Exhibition 2012+ Opening

I'm back from NYC now, so I can get back to normal blog business. Saturday night's opening of The Drop/Exhibition 2012+ went really well, there was an absolutely huge turnout. I'm happy that I had work in the show. There is a Flicker Pool of images here.


This is Yoko Ono's piece, visitors are meant to write something they want on a paper tag and hang it from the tree.

Scene from the VIP area

Very tall women standing under Paul D. Miller A.K.A. DJ Spooky's banners

Exhibition 2012+ co-curator Mie Iwatsuki with Chuck Close, it was pretty cool to see him there.

My installation, two prints and two banners from To Know the Spiders

I gave out around 70 Ecologies of Decay catalogs and probably 100 To Know the Spiders posters, I wished I had brought more with me.

After the opening I went with a friend to a small party down on the Bowery. Someone there was doing a series of long exposures, painting with lights around the models.

No comments: