Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Checking in on my Socrates Pieces


There has been a lot of spontaneous plant growth in the first container.

The third container started out with the most plants and has done really well, apparently the lilac I actually flowered a couple weeks ago. I am really curious to see what it will look like 2 months from now.


This is a bit of trash that someone threw into the enclosure, it fits right in

The weather has been brutal on the shower board that covers the outside of the pieces. The caulk has cracked and let a lot of water get to the glue. There has been a lot of bowing (see above). I am going to go out there tomorrow and try to use epoxy to stick things back in place.

2 comments:

mark said...

I like that someone threw garbage in there- it fits right in! This is great that the plants are growing in nicely...


There has to be some people that come by and say "what the f--- is this?" Which is great too...

Frank Farance said...

Julian- My kids (6-year old twins) and I just saw your exhibit at Socrates. How brilliant!!!! I work on terminology and classification systems. How can I contact you to get permission to use a portion of your sign (the A/? and B/? classification slides) for a presentation on terminology, concept systems, and classification schemes? Contact me a frank@farance.com (put "Island" in the Subject: line to avoid spam filter). Great work!