Monday, August 11, 2008

Final Socrates Wrap Up

This is piece #1 around June 6th.I had planted almost nothing in this one, so in June I was pleased with all of the self starting weeds that had popped up.

Here is piece #1 on August 7th, some of the weeds had grown to be five feet tall.

Piece #3 around June 6th

Here is piece #3 on August 7th. This one started off with the most plants but a number of weeds appeared out of nowhere. Oddly, or maybe tellingly, the one plant I actually paid for (the bush on the right in the top image) is the only one that died.

During the de-installation process I documented the stratigraphy of the pieces. That pen was not placed there by me.

Destruction in progress

The scorch marks of my genius!

The sun sets on Socrates Sculpture Park, again.

It basically took two days to take everything apart which was far easier than the build. I learned a lot from this project and I met a lot of great people. I'm thankful to Socrates Sculpture Park for giving me an opportunity to work in a new way. Everybody who works there is super nice and really helpful. And thanks again to Michael Baumann for helping me build the pieces, I couldn't have done it without him.

No comments: