Thursday, August 13, 2009

I finally got to design a record cover

After 12 years of being a graphic designer I have finally gotten to design the cover of a 12 inch record. Records were the whole reason I got into the business in the first place, I can't believe I had to wait this long. The job was for the excellent Buffalo based band Odiorne, the single is called Mountain Moon. Odiorne is led by Jimy Chambers, the former drummer for Mercury Rev. It took us a while to figure out how the artwork was going to happen, how the sleeves would be printed, etc., but I'm pretty happy with the results. The guys played at Mohawk Place on Tuesday night which was my first chance to see the final vinyl. It was a great show, by all means check them out live and buy their records!

We were restricted to one color printing, one side only

We used a sticker for the back info


Sticker

No comments: