Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What they do with carts in Nova Scotia


Because of my Stray Shopping Cart Identification System, people often send me photographs and ask if they have gotten the I.D. right. The occurrence documented above is one of the most interesting I have ever received. Cam from Halifax, Nova Scotia sent this to me a couple weeks ago and wondered how to properly classify this assemblage he found behind a mall in Upper Tantallon, Nova Scotia. He noted that the carts are clearly A/1 Close False but that that A/8 Mixed Group didn't seem to apply because Source Agents were not involved. The answer is that it is an A/8 Mixed Group with B/12 Simple Vandalism as a secondary type designation. Class B types can be used as secondary designations for Class A specimens. However, there is a great deal of play in the system, considering the effort put into arranging the carts, the secondary designation could arguably be B/13 Complex Vandalism.




No comments: