Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I got my dirt

My dirt

View from the roof parking lot of the Old Navy store in Astoria, Queens (or is it Long Island City? I'm not sure)

I got the top soil I need in a weird, Only-in-New-York kind of way. A guy who is helping one of the other artists at Socrates also works in landscaping, luckily, it turned out that he needed to get rid of several cubic yards of top soil from the Upper East Side, roof top terrace of a deceased opera singer. So we again borrowed the pickup truck that took forever to get yesterday, and made two trips across the 59th Street Bridge to get the incredibly heavy dirt.

1 comment:

mark said...

Julian this is great following along as you construct this installation, can't wait to see it when its done. Way to go, very cool-- keep up on the posting!!